Friday, June 11, 2010

Two and a Half Questions with Wisp


Before your first physical releases on Sublight, you personally distributed a slew of mp3 material. Do you consider "We Miss You" to be a return to your roots? Was the format switch your decision or Rephlex's? Can we expect future releases to follow suit?
It wasn't a particularly conscious decision to simply release "We Miss You" on the net... In fact, as far as I know, there are still plans to release some of the tracks from the album on vinyl. I think that the album going up on the Rephlex store was simply a product of the excitement and enthusiasm of getting the net store up and running, and have something brand new to offer listeners, as sort of a grand opening surprise. Considering that the album is a bit of a compilation of what I was producing pre-Rephlex, it was good to just get the tracks out there and in the open. I like having physical releases of my music floating about, but I don't feel particularly tethered to hard copies in any way. I am just glad to get the material out there and circulating a bit, which I suppose is a bit of a return to my early days of how I was releasing albums.

[ - s n i p - ]

Read the entire interview on Headphone Commute

See also review of We Miss You

No comments: