Saturday, June 26, 2010

Two and a Half Questions with Access to Arasaka



- Where did the name Access to Arasaka come from, and what does it mean?
::Access To Arasaka, quite directly, came from Netrunner. It was a card game shoot-off of the Cyberpunk 2020 roleplaying game. When attempting to find a name to fit this project, that one leapt out at me. It felt like a call-to-arms for everyone interested in dark futurism, in a way.

- How would you describe your music?
::I don't entirely know. The style is really just a mixture of every influence I've ever had, past and present. As the general idea of this project is a way to describe the future I anticipate, the sounds and styles themselves are an homage to every song that has already taken me there.

- Who are some of your influences?
::Many of my influences seem to be split between the newer IDM and glitch-oriented music (Autechre, Clark, etc), and the electronic music from the 90s (Orbital, Spacetime Continuum, etc). And, as I am unashamed to admit that I'm an 80s child, I am still inspired by Pet Shop Boys, Visage, Depeche Mode, and the like.

[ - s n i p - ]

Read the entire interview on Headphone Commute

See also Headphone Commute Review of Oppidan

No comments: