Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Two and a Half Questions with Lustmord

I believe you're an atheist... What was it like performing live for the first time in 25 years on 6/6/6?
More than anything it was fun - which has no bearing on my being an atheist, though you do have to have a sense of humor to be one.

You stick close fulfilling a very specific stylistic niche. What is the most difficult part about producing in this genre?
(I presume you're referring to my work as Lustmord in this question, though I've worked on plenty of things that have quite a different sound - see Puscifer for example). I don't find anything difficult about it at all and don't believe in such things as boundaries, especially those set by any "genre". Not that I feel part of any genre. I never try and please others with my work and as such I don't feel any pressure either internal or external to conform to expectations or rules implied by others.

Do you ever creep yourself out?
Of course not. I have been known to amuse myself though.

myspace.com/lustmord | lustmord.com

No comments: