Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Two and a Half Questions with Loscil


What is the connection of your music to rain?
Mostly the fact that I live in a rainy city (Vancouver) and this affects me which affects my music. The sound of rain is also very interesting - a randomly generated texture comprised of many small sounds.

You already commented on your choice for using vocals on the album. What do you think of the overall reception, and will we see more tracks like this?
The reception is mixed which is what I expected. Some people appreciate it for boldly stepping outside of the loscil comfort zone and others despise the track and the fact is appears at the end. I'm not sure if I'll do it again. That depends on finding the right collaborator and making the right track together.

"Grief Point" appears to be an album that has never been made. We know the answer to the making of Grief Point. But what is the question?
This would properly be answered by Dan as they are his words. Grief Point was made, however - under a different name. I'll leave the mystery to be solved by someone else.

[ - s n i p - ]

Read the entire interview on Headphone Commute

See also Headphone Commute review of Endless Falls

No comments: